Mr. Andrew Phillips, Principal
Mr. John Mull, Assistant Principal, 5th & 7th grade
Mrs. Kim Morris, Assistant Principal, 6th & 8th grade



About Tredyffrin/Easttown Middle School

Tredyffrin/Easttown Middle School is one of two middle schools in the district. Tredyffrin/Easttown Middle School is often referred to as T/E Middle, or TEMS. T/E Middle School serves the educational needs of approximately 1,000 students in grades 5 through 8. Students from Hillside, Beaumont, and Devon Elementary Schools continue their education at TEMS. The mission of our school is to inspire a passion for learning, personal integrity, the pursuit of excellence, and social responsibility in each student.



History of the TEMS Building

Tredyffrin-Easttown Junior-Senior High School - 1953



In 1907, the school boards of Easttown and Tredyffrin decided to merge the two existing high schools into one joint high school, to be known as Tredyffrin-Easttown Joint High School. Land was secured on the southwest corner of Conestoga and Howellville Roads. Then, in 1908, the students of both high schools marched in procession to their new school beginning an academic life as a unified high school. An addition was made in 1928 which doubled the size and capacity of T-E High School. In addition, athletic fields were laid out around the school. Subsequently, in 1939 another addition was added to house the junior high. It was during this time that the school boards made a significant change in the grade configuration of their schools. This was to change the program from the traditional 8 to 4 configuration: 8 grades in the elementary school and 4 in the high school, to one of a 6-3-3 program, in which there were 6 grades in the elementary school, 3 in the junior high school, and 3 in the high school.

 Conestoga High School was built in 1955 at the northeast corner of Conestoga and Irish Roads, about two blocks from T-E High School. When this new high school opened, the Junior High School, which had been confined to one wing of the old high school building, moved into the entire building to become what was known as T-E Junior High. T-E Junior High School became an intermediate school in 1987, with the addition of students from the 6th grade. It was at this time that the 9th grade was sent to the high school. Lastly, in 1992, the intermediate school became what is known today as T-E Middle School with the addition of the 5th grade. This created the present grade configuration of 4-4-4.



Courtesy of the Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society in sharing its article Public Schools of Easttown and Tredyffrin Townships – Part II by Robert L. Ward, Volume 35. Number 3, Pages 81-96, July 1997. 

Last Modified on July 13, 2016