Computer Cost-Sharing Fee Information
Consistent with a goal in the District Strategic Plan to “harness the power of technology to advance learning while engaging and empowering students in a connected world,” the T/E School District is implementing a 1:1 Technology Initiative that will provide laptops to all students in grades 7-12 in the 2018-19 school year for their use in school and at home. Families are asked to pay an annual cost-sharing fee of $50 per student, with a maximum annual family fee of $100. If you have one child in grades 7-12, the fee for your family is $50. If you have two or more children in grades 7-12, the fee for your family is $100. This fee covers the manufacturer’s extended warranty and Accidental Damage Protection, as well as a case and set-up/maintenance of the device.
This fee may be paid online, in person or by mail. This fee must be paid before your child can receive their computer.To pay the fee online:
- Visit www.officialpayments.com.
- Click “Local Payments.”
- Type 4841 in the Jurisdiction Code field and press enter, or enter state and payment entity.
- Select “Computer Cost Share” from the Payment Type drop down menu and click “Make a Payment.”
- Enter the student name.
- Enter a $50 amount for each child in the family who will receive a computer up to the maximum amount of $100 per family in this school year. Then select the payment type and click “Continue.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account and make a payment.
Please note that the service provider charges a convenience fee.To pay the fee by mail:
- Make a check payable to the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District in the amount of $50 for each child in the family who will receive a computer up to the maximum amount of $100 per family.
- Write the name(s) of the children on the memo line of the check.
- Mail the check to the following address:
Tredyffrin/Easttown Administrative Offices
Accounts Receivable – Computer Cost-Share Fee
940 West Valley Road, Suite 1700
Wayne, PA 19087
If you have questions about fee payments, please contact the Business Office at (610) 240-1840.
This fee will not be refunded or prorated if your child moves in or out of the District, or decides after receiving a computer to use their own device.
All participating students are expected to comply with the policies and regulations of the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, school codes of conduct, Acceptable Use Agreement and Agreement for Laptop Use.