Suggestions for Distance Learning
Consider doing some of the following things to get your
distance learning up and running – and successful!
- Set up a learning station away from distractions. Let your child help create a motivating workspace.
- Kids thrive on routine. Consider setting up a schedule so your child knows what to expect.
- Be sure to include breaks and snack times. Don’t start work on an empty stomach. Continue to start your day with a nutritious breakfast. Make sure everyone is drinking water! It’s important to stay hydrated while working.
- Watch the weather, and plan around it. Remember, this time is flexible. While a schedule is important, if your child can get outside to play when it’s warmest, you can absolutely save the work for early chilly hours or rainy parts of the day.
- Help with directions. Read directions for your child, and paraphrase when needed.
- If you are working from home, and your child is working alongside of you, a way to minimize disruptions is to have a plan for your child for when s/he has questions.
- Know that I am prepared to be totally flexible. If something isn’t working, let me know. I’m here to help!
Last Modified on March 27, 2020