College Application Instructions
THINGS YOU CAN DO BEFORE YOU MEET WITH YOUR COUNSELOR:
- Sign the High School Transcript Release/Recommendation Waiver form
- In Naviance, add your college names under the “Colleges I’m Applying To” tab.
- Create a Common Application Account at www.commonapp.org.
Information you will need: Counselor Title – “School Counselor
Size of Senior Class – 554
Contact information for your counselor – name and email
Weighted GPA Scale – use 5.0
Rank – we are a non-ranking school
*Don’t forget to sign your FERPA waiver. It can be found under “Recommenders & FERPA”.
- Match your Common Application and your Naviance accounts by entering your Common Application email under the “Colleges I’m Applying To” tab in Naviance.
- After you have met with teachers and they’ve agreed to write for you, “request” them in Naviance under the “Colleges” --> Letters of recommendation tab. Select the “All colleges” option, and be sure to inform teachers of your first deadline.
- Complete your Junior Questionnaire if you have not done so already.
- Complete applications through the Common Application, Coalition Application, or college website. Please note all deadlines!
- Send all College Board and/or ACT test scores you want a college to consider in the admission decision directly from the testing agencies. Test scores are not listed on the student transcript and colleges will not accept test scores from Conestoga.
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE YOUR COUNSELOR SO WE CAN SEND YOUR TRANSCRIPT AND RECOMMENDATIONS.
- Your counselor will be working to finalize your letter of recommendation and all school documents. Be sure to make your appointment at least 15 SCHOOL days ahead of your deadline!! For example, applications due Nov. 1st require you to meet with us by October 11th.
- Keep in mind that your application does not necessarily need to be finished when you meet with your counselor. Notifying us of your plans three weeks ahead, however, is extremely important.
- You must complete and submit your portion of the application (including essays and payment) before your counselor will electronically send your transcript and other supporting documentation.