Junior Year Timeline
- Begin talking with your parents about post high school plans.
- Register for standardized testing (SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT, AP).
- Attend appointment with counselor about initial post-high school planning.
- Begin exploring colleges - use Naviance/SOIR, attend virtual college fairs and tours.
- Attend a virtual fall college meeting at CHS, sign up on Naviance.
- Athletes should become familiar with NCAA policies.
- Attend College Admissions Evening in November.
- Fill out the Junior Conference Interview in Naviance under "About Me".
- Take PSATs on January 26, 2021
- Make an appointment with your counselor for a Junior Planning Conference - with parent(s) (these meetings start in December).
- Update your resume in Naviance.
- Continue exploring schools and begin to plan college visits.
- Attend Financial Aid Evening
- Attend Career Days/Military Day sessions in March.
- Attend regional college fairs.
- Begin visiting schools! Virtually or in person.
- Speak with 2 junior year teachers about writing your letters of recommendation.
- Continue to visit college campuses - be sure to check in at the Admissions office.
- Keep a journal of questions, impressions from your visit, take pictures!
- Do your Junior Questionnaire in Naviance - due June 1st
- Work on college essay for applications
- Fill out your Common Application - opens August 1st