Conestoga High School Online CourseworkDuring the 2018-2019 school year, Conestoga will participate in an online coursework pilot program. Only courses that are not already offered at Conestoga or are unable to run due to low subscription will be considered for this program. Parameters for Online Coursework:
- High school level courses only (no college courses)
- Parent and administrative pre-approval is required
- District funded (with a commitment from the student to complete the course)
- Will not count towards the 42 ppc cap
- May count towards the 5.1 elective credit requirements
The courses will appear on the Conestoga transcript with a grade designation of Pass or Fail, and the amount of credit earned. Typically, 0.5 credit will be issued for a semester course and 1.0 credit will be issued for a full year course. Students will earn an official grade report from the online provider of the course, but this grade will not be included in Conestoga’s GPA or honor roll calculations.If a student is interested in taking an online course that does not appear on the pre-approved list below, they may submit the course to the Assistant Principal for the Academic Program and the course will be reviewed by district administration.