Medical InformationPIAA Forms
- Please note-there has been no revisions to the forms for the Spring (2020) Season. The bottom of the first page should state Revised: March 22, 2017.
Students who intend to participate for the first time in a sport in the current school year during the Spring (2020) Season are required to Complete the Following 3 Forms:
All 3 Forms must be completed and submitted to the Athletic Office for review/approval (preferably in person) in order for a student to be eligible to participate. All Forms must be dated after June 1, 2019. You can download the complete (2020) Spring Sports Package here: (2020) Spring Sports Package
- Sections 1-7 of the PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Evaluation. Section 7 is only required if the Physical (Section 6) was certified before the earliest date in which the forms can be collected for the upcoming Spring Season (1/20/20).
- Assumption of Risk, Student Accident, Injury and Guidelines Form*
- Impact Consent Form**(This form must be completed even if a particular sport does not require an actual impact test and/or if a student is not in their scheduled cycle year to be tested for the Baseline Impact Test).
If this is the students 2nd sport in the current school year; the student will need to complete only Section 1 and Section 7 of the PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Evaluation. Section 7 must be dated no earlier than 1/20/20. If any answer on Section 7 is marked off as yes-Section 8 will also be required and must be filled out by the physician. You can download Sections 1 and 7 along with Section 8 here: Section 1 and Section 7 and Section 8.
*All Athletes must submit the Conestoga High School Parent/Guardian Assumption of Risk and Acknowledgement of Guidelines Signature Form. This form must be signed in accordance with the Rules and Guidelines, School Board Policy and the Concussion and Cardiac Arrest information available below.**All students must complete the Impact Consent Form; however, students are tested on a two-year cycle. If a student was tested during the 2018-2019 school year, they do not need a new Impact Baseline Test.
- Spring Sports Forms for all teams will be collected starting on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 through Friday, February 21, 2020 between the hours of 7:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm in the Athletic Office.
- Spring Sports begin on Monday, March 2nd for V/JV Teams and Monday, March 9th for JVB/Freshman Teams.
PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) has several pages that need to be completed:
- Section 1: Personal and Emergency Information sheet.
- Section 2: Certification of Parent/Guardian signed next to the sport the student intends to play, as well as where indicated in parts “B” through “F”
- Section 3: Understanding of Risk of Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Section 4: Understanding of Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Warning Signs
- Section 5: Health History to be completed by parent/guardian
- Section 6: PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Examination and Certification of Authorized Medical Examiner. This should be completed by the student’s physician no earlier than June 1, 2019.
- Section 7: Parent Re-Certification form. By completing this form, the parent or guardian is assuming responsibility that the student’s health is unchanged since he/she was seen by a physician. This form must be completed if the physical has been performed before.
- Section 8: Physician Re-Certification form. This form is only needed if a child has been under a doctor’s care for an injury or illness since their physical.
**NOTE: The misrepresentation of student health information can lead to harmful consequences. Any misrepresentation of a student’s medical status, by either the student or the parent or the guardian, will result in a season’s suspension from interscholastic sports participation**
- If you have any medical questions, please contact the Athletic Trainers: Jess McCloskey or Sarah Chaya.