COVID-19 Resources for the 2021-2022 School Year
School Board Approves Updates to Health and Safety Plan on January 24, 2022
At its meeting on January 24, 2022, the T/E School Board approved updates to the TESD Health and Safety Plan. The presentation slides from the January 24, 2022 meeting and the full Health and Safety Plan are available in the COVID-19 Resources section of the TESD website. Key updates to the Health and Safety Plan are listed below.
- There is no change to the District’s indoor masking requirement at this time. Individuals age 2 and older are required to wear a face covering while inside T/E buildings.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to recommend masking while indoors for schools and the Chester County Health Department (CCHD) continues to recommend that the District follow the guidance of the CDC.
Contact Tracing and Quarantine
- The CCHD no longer authorizes the District to conduct contact tracing and issue a quarantine letter on the County’s behalf.
- If a student tests positive, families should contact their child’s school nurse and attendance office.
- The District will continue to update its COVID-19 Dashboard to reflect positive cases reported to TESD.
- Individuals who test positive should contact their healthcare provider and refer to the CCHD website for isolation guidelines.
- Individuals who are informed that they are a close contact should refer to the CCHD website for quarantine guidelines.
Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing
- At the direction of the CCHD, testing at TESD will only be available to symptomatic individuals and close contacts exiting self-directed quarantine on Day 5.
- Spectator capacity at school events may be adjusted to reflect transmission rates.
- TESD will aim for as much physical distancing as possible at public meetings.
TESD thanks the school community for sharing feedback on the Health and Safety Plan through the TECovidFeedback inbox, at in-person meetings, and during individual conversations. The School Board, administration and the TESD Pandemic Team will continue to review and consider input from the community as pandemic conditions change and as the school year progresses. Families may continue to share feedback at TECovidFeedback@tesd.net.
Passive Camera Access to Classroom Instruction
TESD remains committed to in-person learning and we believe our current instructional model is best for our students. We have been evaluating options to provide additional support to absent students without changing our instructional model. In addition to posting asynchronous work on Schoology, we will be offering temporary passive camera access in our classrooms from Tuesday, January 11 – Monday, January 31 for students who are absent from school. Click here for additional information on passive camera access.
TESD Develops Health & Safety Plan and Meets Requirements for ESSER Grant
The T/E School District has been awarded a grant through the federal American Rescue Plan’s Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP/ESSER) Fund. This grant of $1.5 million, spread out over the 2021-2022, 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 school years, will support the District as it responds to the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on instruction. As part of the grant approval process, the District is required to develop and submit a Health & Safety Plan to the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) by July 30, 2021. This Health & Safety Plan will also be on the agenda of the August 23, 2021 Regular School Board Meeting. The District may alter the Health & Safety Plan as needed throughout the school year based on guidance from health authorities and local pandemic conditions.
The Health & Safety Plan submitted to PDE on July 30, 2021 is a framework for the District’s COVID-19 response and fulfills a requirement for the ARP/ESSER grant. The current plan does not include details on any COVID-19 mitigation efforts that may be in place this fall. TESD is continuing to review available guidance from national, state and local health authorities and we will provide additional details on COVID-19 protocols for the 2021-2022 school year in mid-August.
The T/E School District looks forward to welcoming students back to school for full time, in-person instruction on August 30, 2021. If you have feedback related to COVID-19 mitigation strategies in our schools for the 2021-2022 school year, please email us at TECovidFeedback@tesd.net.