Planning for the 2021-2022 School Year
June 11, 2021
Dear T/E Families and Staff,
Thank you all once again for your support, partnership and resilience during this challenging school year. I cannot adequately express the happiness I felt last night as I proudly watched our 2021 graduates cross the stage at Teamer Field in a traditional commencement ceremony. It felt great to once again be able to be together as a community in ways we had done pre-COVID.
Chester County’s COVID-19 transmission data is trending toward normal for the fall, and we are pleased to announce that our summer school programs will be mask-optional for students and staff. This aligns with current guidance from the Chester County Health Department. Unless there is a negative turn related to the pandemic that would result in a change, we intend to be mask-optional with safety measures in place that reflect a typical year for summer programs and when school begins in August.
Pandemic restrictions on visitors to our schools will sunset on Monday, June 14. Unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear a mask on school property until June 28, unless the state masking order is lifted beforehand.
Since January 2020, I have sent 40 communications to families related to the pandemic. This does not include the many communications you have received directly from your child’s school, teacher, or other District office. It is my sincere hope that this is my last COVID-19 communication and that the next school year will be filled with the activities, energy and traditions we knew before 2020.
Administrative Responsibility Adjustments
I would also like to inform you of several adjustments to administrative responsibilities that will take effect July 1:
- Oscar Torres, Director of State and Federal programs, will be appointed to the position of Director of Equity and Public Programs
- Anthony DiLella, CHS Assistant Principal, will assume the role of Curriculum/Special Education Supervisor with responsibilities for World Languages, Music, Staff Development, and several Special Education programs
- Matthew Sterenczak, VFMS Assistant Principal, will transfer to CHS Assistant Principal and retain curricular supervision of Social Studies
- Ellen Turk, District Safety Coordinator, will transfer to VFMS Assistant Principal and supervise the Health and Physical Education program
- Chris Groppe, Director of Individualized Student Services, will continue serving as Pandemic Coordinator for as long as necessary while assuming the new role of Director of Safety and Student Services
- Nicole Roy, Acting Director of Special Education, will be appointed to the position of Director of Special Education
I wish each of you a restful and enjoyable summer. Everyone needs it. Families and students, the kind words you have shared about individual staff members have been very much appreciated. I join you in commending our amazing staff and in recognizing the incredible patience, flexibility, and determination of our students and families. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to school in August.
Dr. Richard Gusick
Superintendent of Schools
- March 2021: Present to Education Committee
- March – May 2021: Gather Information and Develop Pilot Plan for 2021-22
- May 2021: Present Pilot Plan for Approval
- June – Summer Months 2021: Plan known and Work for Implementation Takes Place
- School Year 2021-22: Implement Pilot Plan and Collect Feedback on All Aspects