Extended Experience Physical Education (EEPE)
Procedures for participating in Extended Experience Physical Education (EEPE)
- Submit 1 proposal/application form per semester
- Submit 1 verification form per semester
- Complete 1 EEPE per semester (unless extenuating circumstances)
- Complete 30 hours of physical activity overseen by a coach or supervisor (no home gym work)
- If the activity is changed after proposal is submitted it must be documented.
- If a student is cut from a team, extended time will be offered to apply for EEPE.
- If an application is not received by the deadline- Seniors will be put into a PE class and will have the EEPE course dropped from their schedules in order to satisfy graduation requirements. Underclassmen without applications will have the course dropped from their schedules and will have to make up a PE course in a future semester.
- School privileges are suspended if end of semester verification forms are not handed in on time.
- The following Conestoga Club teams are considered as EEPE: Crew, Rugby, Ice hockey and Squash. Students planning to participate in one of the above sports must be signed up for EEPE during the corresponding semester, but they will not need to complete EEPE forms. The club coaches will be asked to provide team rosters as verification of satisfactory completion.
Guidelines and Procedures for EEPE Sign Up
- The Extended Experience contract is for seniors, juniors, and sophomores who want to substitute an outside physical education experience for their physical education requirement during any given semester.
Students may participate in EEPE using these guidelines:
- The experience will provide supervised instruction.
- 30 hours will equal one semester's credit.
- Activities that span first and second semester are assigned and applied to either spring or fall semester.
- "Team Sport" applies to all PIAA sports. "Extended Experience" applies to approved outside activities and to CHS club sports that include crew, rugby, ice hockey and squash.
- Applications for Extended Experience must be submitted to the CHS main office by the posted due date in order to be considered for approval. After that, senior students will be placed in a physical education class and underclass students will have the course dropped from their schedules.
Procedures for EEPE Sign Up
- Select Extended Experience for the appropriate semester on your course selection card.
For Extended Experience:
- Print an application form from the website or visit the main office to pick one up.
- Complete the application form with required signatures and return it to CHS main office by the date indicated on the form.
- Once you complete the experience, fill out and return a verification form by semester deadline to receive credit. You cannot receive credit for the experience without returning a completed verification form by semester deadline.
Use the EEPE tab on the left navigation bar to obtain current forms.
∗If you are cut from or choose not to participate in a team sport, it is your responsibility to see your guidance counselor to have Team Sport removed from your schedule and replaced either by Extended Experience or a gym class within the first two weeks after cuts are made.