Fourth Grade Virtual World Language Experience - Spanish
Welcome to the Elementary Spanish Page. Here, your child can read about the benefits to learning the Spanish language. Students can also watch three mini lessons linked below.
Why study Spanish?
- Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, and it is spoken by more than 50 million people in the United States.
- In the professional world, proficiency in Spanish will be essential, not only for business in the US, but also for business in the international world.
- There are 23 Spanish-speaking countries in the world. By knowing Spanish, you will enhance your travel experience by being able to communicate in the language and better understand the culture of the place to where you are traveling.
- Spanish is considered one of the easiest languages for a native English speaker to learn.
The Body – Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Greetings and Expressions
What Do You Like To Do?
Students may want to consider signing up for Duolingo*. Duolingo is a free language learning program available as a mobile app or on the web which also offers a premium service for a fee. Duolingo is designed for students to work through their language skills with bite-sized designed lessons at any level.
* By clicking on this link, you will be leaving the T/E School District website and visiting a third-party website. The T/E School District is not responsible for content on third-party websites.