Fourth Grade Virtual World Language Experience - French
Welcome to the Elementary French Page. Here, your child can read about the benefits to learning the French language. Students can also watch three mini lessons linked below.
Why study French?
- The study of French is of great professional and cultural value to students. In the Greater Delaware Valley alone, there are more than 50 French-owned or related companies!
- French is the language not only of France, but also of sections of Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, as well as over 20 African countries.
- Along with English, French is also the official working language of the United Nations, UNESCO, NATO, the International Labor Bureau, the International Olympic Committee, the 31-member Council of Europe, and the International Red Cross.
- Exploring the traditions of French-speaking countries gives students fresh insights into their own way of life. They might try their hand at French cuisine, visit museums to admire the work of French impressionists, and feel very much like citizens of the global community.
Students may want to consider signing up for Duolingo*. Duolingo is a free language learning program available as a mobile app or on the web which also offers a premium service for a fee. Duolingo is designed for students to work through their language skills with bite-sized designed lessons at any level.
* By clicking on this link, you will be leaving the T/E School District website and visiting a third-party website. The T/E School District is not responsible for content on third-party websites.