Preparing your iPad for Virtual Meetings
1. Is the student's iPad connected to WiFi and Global Protect? If not, please see Getting Started with Your iPad directions here.
2. Is the student logged into the Teams app on the iPad? Tap on the Teams app and then tap on the three bars in the top, left corner of the app. Does the student's name appear at the top? If so, you're all set. If not, please see the Log into Teams instructions here. *Please Note: Students will not need to log into the Teams app each time; it will keep their credentials for any future meetings.
3. Is the student logged into Schoology on the iPad? Tap on the Schoology weblink icon. Does the student's Schoology account load? If so, you're all set. If not, please see the Log into Schoology instructions here. *Please Note: Students will not need to log into the Schoology weblink each time; it will keep their credentials for any future access.
4. Can you join the virtual meeting? Tap on the Schoology app and direct to the course where a meeting link is posted. Tap on the link and tap to open the Teams app. Tap to Join the meeting. *If you have trouble connecting to the Teams app, you may join the virtual meeting by joining in the iPad's browser which appears after clicking on the link in Schoology.
If you encounter any issues with preparing the iPad, please contact email@example.com.
Connecting to Virtual Meetings on the iPad
1. Students will tap on their iPad’s Schoology weblink icon.
2. Students will tap on the course where the teacher's link is hosted (ie. Homeroom, Core, or Math) in their Courses menu located at the top of the site. They will look for the Emergency Virtual Day folder or Emergency Virtual Day Teams meeting link. They will tap to open the meeting link.
3. Once students tap on the Teams meeting link, they will receive a Microsoft Teams window prompt at the top of the browser where they will tap OPEN to open the Teams app. *IMPORTANT: If they tap Join Meeting in the middle of the screen, this will only open the Teams app and not connect them to the meeting. They will need to return to the meeting link in Schoology to join again.
4. Students will tap Join now in the Teams app which opens.
For technical assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.