• 1908 T/E High School
    • A high school opened on the second floor of the Easttown School in Berwyn. In June 1896, five students graduated.

      January 1909

    • The joint Tredyffrin-Easttown High School opened.


    • The high school became a junior-senior high school, serving Willistown, East Whiteland, the Borough of Malvern as well as Tredyffrin and Easttown townships.
    conestoga high School
      March 5, 1954
    • Groundbreaking ceremony for new senior high school of The Paoli Area High School System

      May 17, 1954

    • School board votes to name the new high school Conestoga Senior High School. A contest was held to name the school. A ninth grade student suggested the name Conestoga because the old Conestoga road passed through all six communities which send students to the new school.

      October 27, 1954

    • Cornerstone ceremony.

      June 9, 1955

    • Last commencement of the Tredyffrin-Easttown Senior High School

      September 9, 1955 

    • Conestoga High School opens with a student enrollment of 549 and a faculty of 35.

    September 1959

    • 19 room addition changed the shape of the high school from "J-shaped" to a "U-shaped" building. Student enrollment was 1036.

       September 1967

    • 20 room addition changed the shape to an enclosed rectangle.


    • The library was enlarged and named the Karl Zettelmoyer Library in recognition of his years as principal from 1957-1971.


    • A new gymnasium, named for John C. Rittenmeyer, principal from 1971-1988, was added as well as a new science wing, and communication center.


    • Fourteen general-purpose classrooms and ten science labs/classrooms were added. The cafeteria has been enlarged and modernized. The entire music area was reconfigured. A new 3,660 square foot choral classroom houses the growing choir. There is a new keyboard lab with updated electronic music equipment and new practice rooms. In the family and consumer sciences lab, kitchens were completely reconfigured and renovated. A new and welcoming main entrance includes a spacioius lobby (see picture left) and reception area.
    • Outside Conestoga High School, all parking areas were reconfigured and landscaped.


    1915-1940: S. Paul Teamer
    1940-1952: Wallace S. Brey
    1952-1959: B. Anton Hess
    1959-1972: Karl A. Zettelmoyer
    1972-1988: John H. Rittenmeyer
    1988-1989: Clifford Franks, Acting Principal
    1989-1994: Daniel Waters
    1994-1999: Kaye Pollock
    1999-2002: Susan Yates
    2002-2009: Timothy Donovan
    2009-Present: Dr. Amy Meisinger