Conestoga High School AthleticsOffice: (610) 240-1000 ext. 10516Athletic Training Room: (610) 240-1000 ext. 105262020 Fall Sports Season
Updated Information as of October 16, 2020
October 16, 2020 - CHS Spectator Guidelines and FAQ
October 12, 2020 - Fall Sports update from Mr. Pechin.
September 16, 2020 - Fall Sports update from Mr. Pechin.
August 28, 2020 - Fall Sports postponement letter from Mr. Pechin.
CHS along with other Pennsylvania schools continue to monitor information provided by the PIAA, Governor Wolf, the Department of Health and the Department of Education as it relates to Interscholastic Athletics for the Fall Sports Season.
At present time, Fall Sports are beginning September 29, 2020, for all student athletes who submitted their 2020-21 Fall Sports packet. Paperwork submission was closed on September 2, 2020.
Winter Sports Forms may be submitted beginning Monday, October 9, 2020. Forms will be accepted through Friday, November 10, 2020. Please plan accordingly. See below for more instructions.
Please see the following documents recently referenced and being implemented:
Health & Safety Plan developed by the District for the Fall Sports Season
Central League Health & Safety Plan developed by the league for the Fall Sports Season
PIAA Return to Sports Consideration guidance developed by the PIAA for the Fall Sports Season
Digital Sports has been updated with the current game/event schedules for the Fall 2020 season.
All practice schedules will be communicated through the respective coaches.
Paperwork Directive: The 2020-21 Complete Sports Forms packet consists of the PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) paperwork, an updated Assumption of Risk & Parent/Student Guidelines form, and the ImPact Consent forms. Submissions must include a CIPPE Section 6 (Physician Certification) dated after June 1, 2020.
- FIRST sport FALL 20-21: submit CIPPE Sections 1,2,3,4,5,6, the Risk & Guidelines and the ImPact Consent forms.
- FIRST sport WINTER or SPRING 20-21: submit CIPPE Sections 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, the Risk & Guidelines and the ImPact Consent forms. See dates below.
- SECOND sport - WINTER and SPRING 20-21: submit CIPPE Sections 1 & 7 only. Winter and Spring packets will be accepted no sooner than 6 weeks prior to the start of each season. See dates below.
- Injuries: If an athlete was injured, and unable to participate since last certified by a physician, a CIPPE Section 8 will also be required.
If you have any questions about paperwork, please contact Jess McCloskey. Previous versions of this paperwork will not be accepted.
Options/procedures for submitting the 2020-21 Complete Sports Forms:
1. In-Person: deliver through the Main Office attendant 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM.
2. Scan/email: send the Complete Sports Forms packet to Debbie Chiarello. To ensure efficient processing, please use .pdf formatting, in one complete document if possible.
3. USPS: mail the Complete Sports Forms packet to:
Conestoga High School
200 Irish Road
Berwyn, PA 19312
Impact Testing: Students will be informed via TESD EMAIL if an ImPact baseline test is required after Complete Sports Forms are submitted and reviewed. ImPact baseline tests will be administered at home for the foreseeable future. Please direct any ImPact questions to Sarah Chaya.
Winter Sports Forms may be submitted beginning Monday, October 9, 2020. Forms will be accepted through Friday, November 10, 2020. Please plan accordingly.
Spring Sports Forms may be submitted beginning Monday, January 25, 2021. Forms will be accepted through Friday, February 26, 2021.