Enrichment and Leadership Programs – Recent Additions
- Enrichment and Leadership Programs are listed on Naviance. Forms are also available in the Student Services office.
- Click here to visit Naviance.
- After logging into the student account select the “colleges” tab and scroll down to select “Enrichment Programs”.
Below is a list of recent additions. Please visit Naviance for the full list.
Programs with Fees:
Launch Summer Program (MIT)
- There will be two program sessions in early and late summer with dates TBD
- Grades 9-12
- Early Application Deadline: December 21, 2018
- Regular Application Deadline: February 25, 2019- University of Pittsburgh
- The dynamic world of health care plus the expertise of University of Pittsburgh academics and facilities. This educational mixture shapes a unique, academically rigorous, hands-on campus experience for students attending Pitt’s Health Career Scholars Academy (UPHCSA) each summer. The Academy is often a springboard for future studies in medicine.- Dates: June 30 - July 27, 2019- Application Deadline: February 15, 2019- Lehigh University
- Students learn about entrepreneurship, globalization, team building, project management, leadership and working within a culturally diverse environment.
- Current sophomores and juniors- Dates: June 30 - July 27, 2019- Application Deadline: February 15, 2019The Program in Algorithmic and Combinatorial Thinking (formerly named Program in Theoretical Computer Science)- Princeton- Dates: TBD- Application Deadline: TBD
Engineering Summer Academy at Penn- University of Pennsylvania- The Engineering Summer Academy at Penn (ESAP) welcomes highly motivated and talented students to explore Engineering at the college level. The Academy’s intensive, three-week programs combine sophisticated theory with hands-on practical experience in cutting edge technologies.- Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors- Dates: July 7 - July 27, 2019- Priority Application Deadline: March 1, 2019- General Application Deadline: April 5, 2019
Temple Summer Programs
- Temple University
- Various programs available through Temple's summer program. Programs include: Women's Engineering Explorations, Robotics Summer Program, Architecture Institute, Temple College 101 (preparation for college admissions process), Summer Dance intensive, Summer Music THeory Intensive, Reel Girls: High School Film Workshop, Forensic Science Investigation.
- Grades: vary by program
- Dates: vary by programSummer VETS Program
- University of Pennsylvania- Available to students CURRENTLY in 11th or 12th grade- Dates: TBD- Application Deadline: TBD- Politics, Law, and Economics
- Rising juniors and seniors- Various sessions throughout June and July- Application Deadline: February 6, 2019- Gettysburg College- Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.- Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Dates: July 14 - July 19- Application is on a rolling basis- Gettysburg College- Students will gain hands-on experiences in coding, wiring, hardware, and building robots through the open source software known as Arduino. Throughout this camp, campers will learn basic electrical engineering, the physics behind electricity, and how to think like a scientist.- Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors- Dates: June 16 - June 21, 2019 or June 23 - June 28, 2019- Application is on a rolling basis- Gettysburg College- The Eisenhower Institute's Campaigns and Elections Academy is an intensive summer program for highly motivated high school leaders who have a strong interest in campaigns and elections, a passion for public service, and a drive to make a difference.- Rising juniors and seniors
- Dates: TBD- Application is on a rolling basis- Bentley University (near Boston)
- This is a project-oriented camp for students 17 years or younger. This camp introduces students to cutting-edge programming, computational thinking, and innovative technology. The camp is a unique opportunity for entrepreneurial and STEM-minded high-school students to learn how to develop and explore science and technology.- Dates: June 30 - July 13, 2019- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia- SummerScience@Jefferson is a 4-week program which aims to foster an appreciation of the role of science in everyday life, to promote an informed understanding of scientific issues that appear in headlines in the news, and to familiarize students with the vital and expanding field of biomedical sciences.- Rising juniors and seniors with an interest in biomedical sciences- Dates: TBD- Application deadline: TBD- Locations include: FIDM (Los Angeles) and University of Washington (Seattle)
- Programs include Fashion Design, Entrepreneurship, Game Design- Various Dates- 3 week online class that helps graduating and rising seniors lay a foundation for college-level writing- Dates: TBD- The Georgetown Summer High School Programs offer a variety of ways for students to pursue their interests and get a head start on college. They offer both credit and noncredit programs covering everything from forensic science, art, and politics to entrepreneurship, law, and creative writing.- Date: Vary based on the 3-Week Immersion Programs (i.e. Medical Immersion, Business and Leadership Immersion)- Variety of dates for the 1-Week Institutes (i.e. International Relations, Leadership, International Law, Sports Industry, Digital Design and Programming)
Pre-Engineering Summer Academy- Rutgers University- This is an intensive one-week certificate program that will introduce participants to aerospace, biochemical, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, environmental, forensic, industrial, material science, mechanical and systems engineering through an integrated program of lectures, demonstrations, hands-on projects, tours, and field trips.- Dates: TBD- Available to juniors and seniors (ages 16-18)- Application available through the website.- Drexel University- This program will expose the students to clinical, didactic and simulated learning opportunities within the field of medicine.- Dates: June 24 - July 12, 2019 OR July 15 - August 2, 2019- Available to current juniors and seniors- Application available through website; Deadline: March 15, 2019- Lebanon Valley College- Through lectures and hands-on laboratory investigations in state-of-the-art laboratories, students will be introduced to the fundamentals of molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology, biochemistry, and medical ethics.- Dates: June 23 - 28, 2019- Available to Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors- Syracuse University- Wide variety of subjects and interests available- Dates: Various programs running either 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks or 6 weeks From June 29 - August 9, 2019- Must be a minimum age of 15; Civil, Aerospace or Environmental Engineering must be rising juniors or seniors.- Application opens: December 1, 2018- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia- This is a 1-week summer day camp where the focus is on care and maintenance of the heart. It provides an excellent starting point for careers in all fields of medicine.- Dates: TBD- Available to students at least 15 years oldPre Career Exposure
- Tech and Entrepreneurship
- Sports Minded Professions
- Demystifying Business
- Embody Engineering (new)- $850 per session- Rolling admissionsHealth Care Connect
- Learn about Health Careers at 8 local health care facilities and participate in hands-on activities.- Exton, Pa- Rising juniors and seniors- Dates: TBDNational High School Institute ("Cherubs" program)-Northwestern University-Theater Arts, Debate or Film and Video-Theater Arts and Film Dates: June 30 - August 3, 2019-Debate Dates: Varies-Applications available via the website-Duke University-Dates: Various dates in June and July-Available to students in grades 9-12-Applications open: December 3, 2018-St. Joseph's College in Brooklyn, NY-Dates: July 15- 26, 2019-Deadline: February 15, 2019-Susquehanna University is offering summer opportunities in the following areas: Actor's Studio, Choral Institute, Exploring Legal Careers, i-Engineer, Wind Ensemble Institute, and more!-Various dates through June and July-Summer Entrepreneur Program-Malvern, PA-TBD-Application can be found here: Application for Be Your Own Boss-Brings American high school sophomores an djuniors together wtih international high school students from all regions of the world to leran about entrepreneurship, globalization, team building, project management and leadership.-Lehigh University-June 30 - July 27, 2019-Application now open-Deadline: February 15, 2019-Sophomores and juniors-Pre-college academic enrichment program offering high school students experience in a variety of fields.-Locations include: UCLA, UC Santa Barbara, Georgetown, Penn, PACE NYC, Cambridge University, Johns Hopkins, University of Michigan-Programs include (but not limited to): Architecture & Design, Culinary, Dance, Fashion, Medice, Engineering, Crime Scene Investigation, Law & Governmant, Sport Management and many more options to choose from.-Application now open for 2019- Students will learn to build a digital portfolio, write a script, shoot and edit a film, write a news story in this professional, hands-on workshop.- American University- Open to grades 9 - 12- Application now open- Sessions start on June 17, July 1 and July 14, 2019- Students will gain experiences using the engineering design process to resolve a problem; develop leadership and team-building skills; focus on career opportunities available to engineering professions- Students in the PREFACE program are traditionally underrepresented and underserved in the fields of engineering- Rensselaer Polytechnic Instutitue- June 23 - July 6, 2019- Open to students entering grades 11 & 12- Application deadline: March 15, 2019Programs with Reduced Cost:SWE PREP is a chance for female high schoolers (preferably freshmen or sophomores) who are considering engineering in college to be ask a current Penn engineer questions. The girls would be paired with a mentor who would communicate through email or Skype throughout this spring semester.-Deadline: TBD- Attendees will learn about the varied needs in their communitities while engaging in strategic grantmaking.- Location: West Chester University- Date: March 2, 2019- Registration open now-Interactive, full-day program, for girls in grades 5-10, their parents, and educators. Meet women role models and participate in hands-on activities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.-Location: West Chester East High School-Registration Begins: February 14, 2019
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/girls-exploring-tomorrows-technology-2016-tickets-18938596853-Event Date: March 23, 2019- Villanova University- Dates: July 15 - July 28, 2019- FREE overnight camp-Wave Week @ Villanova: TBD-Wave Week @ University of Maryland: TBD
Girls Advisory Board
The Chester County Fund for Women and Girls is a grantmaking and education foundation dedicated to addressing the needs of women and girls in Chester County,PA. For more than 16 years, the Fund has raised awareness about the critical needs of women and girls, and has awarded over $1.6 million to 502 non-profit organizations.The High School Scholars Program is a highly selective program that allows high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors to register for college courses - on a space-available basis at Drexel university's University City Campus while completing high school.-Application: HSS Application-Participants will make up an "imaginary" management team where they will learn first-hand about the Free Enterprise System. Their task - turn their failing company into a financial success!-Early Bird Application Deadline: March 1, 2019-Final Application Deadine: May 1, 2019
-Current sophomores and juniors- Dates: June 16-22, 2019- Shippensburg University
- Application now availableNotre Dame Leadership Seminar (University of Notre Dame)- Dates: TBD- All expenses, including travel, will be paid by Notre Dame (with the exception of the application fee)- Rising high school seniors- Applications Deadline: TBDThe Pennsylvania School for Excellence in the Agricultural Sciences (Penn State University)-PSEAS is an intensive program of study in which the students take core courses related to agriculture and environmental science. Coupled with each core course, students will participate in a hands-on laboratory course related to each core course.
- Dates: July 7 - August 2, 2019- Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship to attend- Must be a current junior to apply- Application Deadline: February 15, 2019Summer Honors Program for High School Students (Indiana University of Pennsylvania)- Dates: TBD- Application Deadline: TBD-Ongoing once a month from November through May- Students should have demonstrated interest in wildlife and/or fisheries conservation. Accepted nominees will become certified Conservation Ambassadors through attending one of six 5-day residential summer field schools which will focus on white-tailed deer, bass, brook trout, ruffed grouse, turkey, and black bear.- Students ages 14 through 17- Various dates throughout summer of 2019- If interested contact your counselorEngineering Summer Camp (Widener University)- Dates: June 24-27, 2019 (Day Camp); June 23-27, 2019 (Resident Camp)- Day sessions or resident (overnight) options available- Final Registration Date: June 10, 2019Laboratory Learning Program (Princeton University)- Apprx 7 weeks during the summer- Rising juniors and seniors (Must be 16 before June 15, 2019)- Must have reliable housing and transportation- Application deadline: TBDIncreasing Awareness of Accounting Careers Among Minority High School Students
- Dates: TBD- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors- Application deadline: TBD- Philadelphia- This is about giving girls an opportunity to dive into their passions and strengthen their skills.- 1 week sessions (3 options in July)- Change is a compeitition that invites students in grades 8-12 to create a project proposal that works toward at least one of the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals.- One grand prize winner and four runners-up will receive a full scholarship for the AFS Project: Change Trip abroad to the country addressed in the grand prize winner's proposal.- Application available between October 2 - November 25, 2018- This camp is an interdisciplinary educational program where capers are immersed in the diverse field of public health. This camp is free (out of state residents must provide their own transportation).- Atlanta, Georgia- Rising juniors and seniors- Application will be available from January 25- March 29, 2019
Additional Resources:-A guide with tips and resources for students interested in volunteering.